Briefly about the project
The main project goal is the development of advanced compounds of drive components from polymer materials (pairs of gears), which will satisfy customers’ demands and significantly exceed the current state. The goal project application are highly efficient polymer gears for the main propulsion system for e-bikes.
Estimated research scope
With knowledge transfer in the area of advanced materials, material characterization, optimized product planning with high geometric accuracy and innovative technologies in the area of toolmaking and smart material processing, we will research further applications for the innovation and implement the solution with an added value.
We will also take into consideration the synergies among the research organizations and the industrial project partners in order to use industry process simulation to increase the developmental and innovative abilities of all partners, as well as to increase product export with a high added value to open new markets.
The transferred knowledge from the research departments will enable us the enhancement of partners’ engineering developmental departments and a future development on a much higher level.
Research departments will additionally focus their research and enrich their knowledge in those trending topics, which are imperative for further development in the industry.
Additional goals of the call for proposals and strategic direction
- increasing collaboration among companies and research organizations
- closer contact with market and its demands
- increasing the level of interdisciplinarity
Areas that will be covered with research and experimental development
- optimization and material development
- methods for product development from advanced materials
- simulation planning and toolmaking
- innovative production technologies
- testing and prototype validation
The main goals of the R&D activities
- lowering the component weight by replacing metal parts with polymers
- enhancing mechanical, morphological, tribological and acoustic characteristics
- enhancing the component quality for the propulsion technology from level 10 to level 8 quality
- longer lifespan
- increased energy performance
- lower production costs
Polycom Škofja Loka d.o.o., Branch Črnomelj; Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ljubljana; Faculty of Polymer Technology; TECOS, Slovenian Research Toolmaker Centre d.o.o.
Total project cofounding value: 1.870.051,47 EUR
Start of the project: 1. 9. 2018
End of the project: 31. 12. 2021